Sr. Technical Program Manager
- Taipei, Taiwan
The mission of the Amazon shopping app is to create such a compelling experience that customers will automatically reach for the app on their phone to complete any shopping task. To support this objective, the InTech Mobile Foundation creates core services that support thousands of Amazon internal mobile developers and Amazon worldwide customers. This includes creating scalable frontend and backend services that can be leveraged across Operating Systems, devices, and even across Amazon experiences. This includes a variety of technologies including iOS/Android native development, Reactive Native, and more. It also includes leveraging new AWS technologies. In addition to software development, you will own the Product Management and Data Engineering required to complete programs. The programs that you work on will have a demonstrable and measureable impact on the mobile business.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who combines technical depth, great communication skills, and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to transform complex co-ordinations into simple processes. The ideal candidate is someone who loves to work at a fast pace at scale with many teams and connects with many roles (Dev Managers, TPMs, QAs, SDEs). Your efficiency will be felt across Amazon.
You will own schedules, figuring out dependencies, setting priorities, diving deep with SDEs, negotiating with teams, and communicating with stakeholders and leadership.
You will work closely with SDMs, SDEs and PM-Ts to ship new customer facing features. You will guide engineering resources to drive mobile quality and stability initiatives. You will make recommendations on how to improve processes, and provide requirements to our engineering teams. You will also assess risk, anticipate bottlenecks, manage escalations, outline tradeoffs and balance the business needs versus technical constraints to encourage calculated risk-taking behavior to maximize customer benefit.
A successful candidate will have a strong technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence the team's decisions. You should be passionate about advancing mobile customer experiences.
The Amazon app is driving 65% of the OPS growth for the entire Consumer business WW. The Mobile first world is already here. We provide the opportunity to impact both the fastest growing and largest way customers are engaging with Amazon; the Amazon app has over 300MM WW unique customers using it every month and growing 30% YoY.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 9+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years managing complicated software development projects
• Experience with delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Qualified candidates will have experience leading multiple simultaneous product development efforts.
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
• A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
• Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills
Back to top