Connections is an innovative, research-driven program that gives Amazonians globally an effective way to provide feedback on the workplace and help shape the future of the company. Connections asks employees quick questions every day and uses that real-time information to learn from their experiences, introduce targeted content, and measure specific outcomes. Our goal is to strengthen Amazon's workplace culture and develop leaders who earn trust, remove obstacles, and make Amazon an inspiring place to work.
The Connections team combines the culture of a startup, the innovation and creativity of a R&D lab, and technical challenges at the scale of Amazon. We expect TPMs, engineers, and management alike to take a high-level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture, and project delivery. Successful candidates will be high-bandwidth leaders who can cut through the noise, simplify relentlessly, deliver results, and help build great teams around themselves.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager you will:
• Work closely with technical leaders and product managers to compose and influence the product vision, roadmap, org goals, planning, and backlog prioritization
• Lead high-visibility, cross-team initiatives including scoping, requirement gathering, technical design, implementation, and launch phases. This includes evaluating and recommending technical solutions to meet customer requirements, ensuring long-term scalability, and meeting project timelines
• Identify system and process deficiencies and lead the charge to drive meaningful change. This includes writing effective narratives and presenting them to Directors and VP's
• Engage with sister HR teams to proactively identify integration points within talent management systems
• Be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment
• Help teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g. requirements not sufficiently understood/documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, inadequate system design, insufficient testing/gaps in QA, etc.)
• Demonstrate strong program management, organizational, and leadership skills to facilitate effective, collaborative project meetings
• Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry
• Contribute to delivering highly available, performant, and secure microservices at Amazon scale
• Leverage cutting-edge technology to change the face of organizational management
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
• 3+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, and Perl
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
• Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us