Sr Technical Program Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud powering hundreds of thousands of businesses in hundreds of countries around the world.
We're seeking an experienced Sr. Technical Program Manager to support global new region infrastructure growth initiatives. The TPM will lead cross functional and technical teams to drive projects from conceptual design feasibility through requirements, budget, completed design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
At Amazon, along with technical strength, we expect our leaders to interact with internal and external customers, partners and suppliers to understand our joint business goals and priorities, and to execute rapidly, delivering high-quality functionality.
Candidate must be comfortable managing remote project delivery teams, and possess the ability to facilitate technical whiteboard sessions to troubleshoot project implementation issues, and remove barriers to project success. Being able to create cross-functional matrix-based teams, establish trust with a variety of stakeholders and customers across multiple time zones, manage capital budgets, eliminate non-value-add activity, design solutions, remove blockers, and find creative ways to accelerate project delivery is a must.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptionally strong communicator, both written and verbally, and possess 7-10+ years of experience in tactical project management of highly technical initiatives, as well as strategic program management. Strong judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence without authority, analytical talent and leadership along with the capacity to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities are a must. Experience in managing data center infrastructure deployments is a plus. A Bachelor's Degree or additional technical experience is required. Candidates possessing a background in architecture/design, mechanical/electrical engineering, software/network engineering, data center infrastructure/operations, and/or construction, who have transitioned to a program management discipline will have a distinct advantage.
The TPM will be fully competent in a variety of project management tools, methodologies and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle and exhibit demonstrated experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality and risk management, reporting and metric development/tracking. Other requirements include experience with MS Office, MS Project and MS SharePoint. Experience with Tableau, KanBan, Playbook, SQL and systems integration a plus.
If you meet these qualifications, exude passion, and enjoy the challenges of deploying highly technical and innovative projects at massive scale, this job is for you!
Requires 30% domestic and international travel to support new region projects.
• Bachelor's Degree AND 7+ years of project management experience OR 10+ years of project management experience (experience can be substituted for degree)
• 3+ years experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management
• 2+ years experience in analytical, quantitative, communication, and presentations
• Experience with MS Project, MS Office, and MS Sharepoint
• Master's Degree or advanced professional certifications
• Experience in management of complex, high value technology infrastructure projects
• Experience with and deep understanding of multiple project management methodologies
• Experience in managing data center infrastructure deployments
• Good understanding of data center technologies
• Familiarity with the AWS product suite
• Experience of leading matrixed teams and individuals across multiple locations
• Experience working in an international projects environment
• Well organized and able to work effectively under time pressure
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top