Sr. Technical Program Manager
Amazon Web Services has an opening for a Sr. Technical Program Manager (TPM) to architect, lead and drive the deployment of ICT based projects, from inception through concept, feasibility, requirements, design, implementation, testing and deployment, across the globe.
The successful candidate will have experience in project managing large-scale, cross-functional, global data center or ICT projects with experiential breadth in architecture, design, construction, mechanical/electrical plant, procurement, cabling, networking, software development and depth in one of these areas. Being able to create cross-functional matrix-based teams, manage capital budgets, eliminate non-value-add activity, design solutions and find creative ways to accelerate project delivery is a must.
The Sr. TPM will need to create and lead teams across different countries, time-zones, cultures, languages and local customs. Clear and concise communication in both written and spoken English, appropriately targeted to a variety of stakeholders, is a key to success in this role.
Candidates that have a background in construction, architecture/design, software engineering, networking, cabling or security engineering who have transitioned to a program management discipline will have a distinct advantage.
The nature of the role would involve facilitating technical whiteboard sessions across remote teams and subject matter experts to troubleshoot and problem-solve project issues, remove blockers, report status and ultimately deliver the project while maintaining all project constraints.
Proficiency in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality and risk management is required. Demonstrated mastery of MS Office, MS Project and MS SharePoint is core to the role. SQL and systems integration skills are a plus.
An IT, ICT, infrastructure or science based bachelor's degree, multi-lingual capabilities and knowledge of project management methodologies, such as Agile, SCRUM, PRINCE2 and PMP is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree (IT,, ICT, Infrastructure or Science based) and 7-10 years of business development and project management experience
- Experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management. Must be well organized and able to work effectively under time pressure. Proven ability to effectively manage project budgets is essential
- Data Center, networking engineering, systems engineering background and demonstrated excellence
- Basic understanding of networks and datacenter operations
- Proficiency with MS Project, MS Office, and MS Sharepoint
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, communication, and presentation skills
. Experiential breadth in: architecture, design, construction, mechanical/electrical plant, procurement, cabling, networking, software development and depth in one of these areas.
- Master's Degree or advanced professional degree.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience in management of complex technology infrastructure projects
- Experience of managing international infrastructure projects in APAC or Europe an advantage.
- Experience with and deep understanding of multiple project management methodologies
- Familiarity with the AWS product suite
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top