Sr Technical Program Manager
- New York, NY
Join the Self Service Performance Advertising (SSPA) team at Amazon - and build the next generation of advertising products and platform for Amazon advertisers. Amazon is investing in technology to unleash superior funnel insight with the purpose of driving return on investment for all advertisers, while powering a better shopping experience with more relevant ads for Amazon retail customers.
Our vision for Brand Advertising is to lead Amazon on brands by enabling beautiful and engaging branded experiences, that are responsible for discovery, and deepening the connection customers have with brands on Amazon. This is an opportunity to come in at the ground floor for what is becoming a core part of the overall Amazon business strategy. Online advertising includes the highest levels of challenge on the technical side, with high transactional loads, big data, modeling, cross-stack product and UX design, combined and directly connected with a marketplace of supply and demand. It is a very high stakes, competitive industry, which attracts the highest level of research and engineering investments. Amazon is just getting started, and there is a lot of opportunity for seasoned talent to come in and significantly shape how advertising based monetization of e-commerce property takes shape on the web. The work developed in the team will become part of the "secret sauce" and core business playbook at the company level.
We are seeking a talented, experienced, and customer obsessed Sr. Technical Program Manager (TPM) who has the passion to tackle ambiguous and challenging problems by bringing technologies to enlighten our customers with high quality brand ads, to connect our brand advertisers with the right shoppers at the right time of their shopping journey. He/she will drive advertiser controls & experiments programs by working closely with Product, Research, Engineering, and Operations. This role requires strong technical expertise with a preference in software product development, excellent leadership and communication and hands-on program management skills.
• System design experience
• 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Adept at getting things done in a startup environment with lots of ambiguity but also lots of opportunity
• Exceptional program management skills and attention to detail
• Ability to inspire teams to work on not just what's urgent, but what's most important
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to think strategically and act tactically
• Translate customer's business requirements into technical/functional specifications for the engineers
• Ascertain the true requirements underlying feature requests; recommend alternative technical approaches and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines
• Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment for sales and marketing
• Capture, share and leverage your best practice knowledge across a broad group of engineers throughout all subsidiaries
• Partner as a technical liaison between customers and engineering teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top