Sr. Technical Program Manager
- New York, NY
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we work to improve Amazon performance for brand advertisers by providing them with actionable retail+ads analytics. We also deliver retail+ads information services enabling Amazon partner teams to provide brands with automated campaign management experiences.
In addition to New York City, open to hiring in Toronto, Canada.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. The successful candidate will build upon core program management successes and develop breadth across a range of problem domains.
Technical Program Managers will partner with engineers, other TPMs, and senior management to help create world-class solutions. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
The ideal TPM is a creative, demonstrated leader with superior analytical abilities and an expeditious drive to deliver results. This opportunity requires deep technical, problem-solving and communication skills.
• Drive International expansion of Amazon Ads business
• Translate customer's business requirements into technical/functional specifications for the engineers
• Ascertain the true requirements underlying feature requests; recommend alternative technical approaches and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines
• Ensure success in building and transforming web applications, and services on to the Amazon systems
• Drive data related initiatives to improve the customer experience on the sites through Personalization, Segmentation and Analytics
• Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the Amazon product environment
• Capture, share and leverage your best practice knowledge across a broad group of engineers throughout all subsidiaries
• Partner as a technical liaison between customers and engineering teams
• Create content such as white papers and other written deliverables
• System design experience
• 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Proficiency with agile or other program management methodologies
• Adept at building processes, project management, and release schedules
• Expertise working on large and deeply transformative projects
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Experience driving multifaceted, cross functional initiatives
• Track record of software projects delivery
• Resourceful in an ambiguous environment
• Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
• Knowledge of Amazon technologies (e.g. AWS)
• Exceptional problem solving and communication skills
• Product development experience (including Java, XML, messaging protocols, and Web Services)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top