Come help Amazon create and deploy cutting edge new technologies to help deliver packages to the customer door step! As a Senior Technical Program Manager in the Last Mile Technology team, you will be instrumental in helping us create innovative ways to get packages delivered quickly and cost-effectively to the customer. The Last Mile Technology team supports multiple businesses globally, creating the technology that supports deliveries for businesses such as Prime Now, Amazon Flex, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Logistics, and other current and new initiatives.
Our team is seeking Sr. Technical Program Managers to manage large, cross functional programs that support Last Mile delivery. In this role you will be responsible for driving large cross-team projects that span multiple technology and operational teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects across multiple teams, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Sr.TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience.
• 10+ years of Technical Program Management experience with related technologies, including managing significant cross-functional projects in mid-size or large companies.
• 5+ years hands-on experience building software solutions with current web development and service-oriented technologies.
• 4+ years experience leading development teams to design/architect business software solutions.
• Experience with both oral and written communication, demonstrating the ability to express thoughts clearly and concisely to multiple levels of stakeholders.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience building customer relationships, including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects through work prioritization, planning and task delegation.
• Proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels of responsibility.
• Quantitative analytical abilities
• PMP or Project Management Certification.
• MBA or advanced degree in a quantitative field or Master's in Business Administration.
• 3+ years of coding experience in any programming language
• Strong presentation skills, and the ability to motivate and inspire large groups of people.
• Familiarity with building large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with great availability, performance, and security.