Are you a hands-on technical leader who can make a huge impact on a dynamic, fast moving business? Are you equally comfortable digging into business and financial requirements as you are drilling into architecture and design with development teams? Does the idea of helping manage Amazon's growing financial products marketplace by building technical solutions at scale sound interesting? Then this is the position for you. The Amazon Payments business needs a world class Technical Program Manager who designs, drives, launches and owns the Amazon financial marketplace that is set to offer the biggest selection of financial products in the world.
This role requires working closely with businesses across Amazon, the product management team, the credit development team, and key software development teams across the company to define strategy and requirements, and then lead projects through operations design and delivery. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and product strategy. Excellent listening, writing skills and strong technical competency are essential.
The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift quickly. He or she is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence.
Qualified candidates have experience defining projects and features, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating large cross functional projects and schedules, and delivering complex projects with accurate results at high scale.
From a business and technical perspective, this TPM will:
- Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services
- A strong understanding of the Payments industry is desirable
- Understand how to design scalable software
- Be conversant with internet technologies
- Communicate effectively with both business and technical partners
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
Professional traits which are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Delivers innovative solutions
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to earn trust of others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related technical program management in a software applications environment
• 3+ years experience in a software development or program manager role
• Experience designing and delivering software
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Broad commercial awareness developed in a fast-moving environment
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skill
• Innovative and self-directed
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
• Master's degree in Computer Science and/or Business Administration
• Prior experience as a software developer
• Experience with an e-commerce company or financial software is a plus
• Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
• Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.