Amazon is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to support cross functional Tax projects as part of the Tax TPM team. The team is newly formed to take on the growing technical challenge of building solutions for Amazon's tax e-compliance related responsibilities. This is an exciting role and will give the right person a chance to solve new and unique problems while being a part of a company and a team making history.
This critical role will lead the technical planning, functional and non-functional requirements, features and functions, design and delivery for Tax of a broad multi-year initiative. Successful candidates will have demonstrated technical competency with sense of urgency and comfort driving forward despite ambiguity. A typical project in our portfolio requires disambiguation of requirements, planning, and heavy emphasis on quality and timely delivery. As such, the candidate will often be required to dive deep to remove roadblocks, and carefully manage scope to deliver results on a range of projects while still earning trust across multiple stakeholders. The candidate should be able to work with the business lines, finance, accounting, tax and technical partners to deliver results. This role will own the technical engagement from Tax and will lead the optimized delivery of large cross-functional solutions. We are looking for a candidate who has thrived and succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products/services in a very high growth, high scale environment where priorities and requirements can shift quickly. The candidate is a leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence. Finally, as a member of the TPM team you will take an active role in our group development through continuous improvement. We are always on the lookout for ways to improve the velocity and quality of our deliverables and overall efficiency of our processes.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field 7+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related technical program management in a software environment
• 7+ years' experience in a software development, architect or program manager role managing software projects
• Experience with agile methodologies
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• Experience with a cloud computing or large software services company is a plus
• Experience with tax or finance related projects is a plus
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation