Want to participate in building the next generation of online payment system that supports numerous countries and payment methods? We are seeking talented software engineers to join one of the fastest growing areas in Amazon's e-commerce services platform. We offer competitive salary and benefits, outstanding career and growth opportunities and an exciting and team-oriented atmosphere.
We want to move all the money in the world! We deliver game-changing financial processing power for the some of the world's largest technology platforms including Amazon.com, Amazon Kindle, and Amazon Web Services.
We build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We innovate to improve customer experience across the globe, with support for currency choice, in-store payments, pay on delivery, credit and debit payments, seller disbursements, gift cards, and many new exciting and challenging ideas are in the works.
The Amazon Payments Platform processes millions of transactions every day across numerous countries and payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send tens of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems annually. Come challenge yourself in our team-oriented atmosphere, and watch yourself grow with one of the fastest growing areas of the Amazon e-commerce services platform.
About the role:
In this role you will be responsible for delivering large projects end-to-end that span multiple technology and functional teams. These projects will include initiatives such as rolling out new technology to new geographies as we expand, creating new technology to support new businesses and use cases, and otherwise building great technology platforms that can scale to Amazon's size and global market places.
In this role, you will lead large-scale re-architecture of our technology stack across multiple systems and teams. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts, coordinating across multiple teams to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate trade offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
• 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
• Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• First-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
• Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
• Strong bias for action and "get it done" attitude
• The ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• The ability to deal with ambiguity and a changing environment, as well as a rapid work pace.
• A proven track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
• Fluency and comfort with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project.
• Project management, Process Improvement or Quality certifications desired.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to scope technical requirements and prioritize
• A Masters in computer science or related technical discipline
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.