Do you enjoy solving complex problems and driving influential changes? Are you curious about the systems used to run the largest cloud computing infrastructures in the world? Do you thrive in a fast paced and ever-changing environment? If you answered YES to these questions, then our team is looking for you! The AWS Commerce Platform Team provides the back and front-end services that enable AWS customers to purchase AWS services and understand and manage their infrastructure costs.
Our team tackles some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges in the world. We process trillions of events per month using stream processing techniques (Kinesis), process billions of line items via map reduce (EMR), and manage artifacts through the latest in database technologies (DynamoDB and Aurora). We process big data and provide tools for customers to interactively understand their bills. We also provide the analytics that let customers manage billions of dollars of IT usage and spend.
Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with AWS customers, we also work closely across all AWS teams to ensure that we offer a great customer experience.
Joining the AWS Commerce Platform Team gives you the opportunity to:
• Influence the customer experience for millions of AWS customers
• Build systems and services to handle billions of dollars of billing per month
• Collaborate with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes
• Work with teams around the world
A successful candidate will bring software expertise, strong business intuition, and think broadly to identify and deliver visionary products that our customers will love.
We are looking for a seasoned Technical Program Manager to drive the delivery of highly cross-organizational programs impacting both internal and external customers.
This is a fast-paced, high visibility position, and you'll work with leaders across multiple organization.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in an IT-related field
• 7+ years of experience in technical project/program management with a proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
• Excellent prioritization and time management skills
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to drive your projects to completion
• Experience with eCommerce, finance, accounting, procurement, payment methods or payment processing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.