Sr. Technical Product Manager
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead.
We are building a small team of passionate people focused on changing the world for the better. We are starting from scratch, we are going to be scrappy, and we are going to focus on taking care of people. We are going to apply the same principles that made Amazon great especially Customer Obsession and Think Big, into a new vertical. We are looking for smart, passionate people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you're up for a challenge, let's talk.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who can help us shape the future. We want someone with a passion to innovate, who likes working backwards from the customer, and tackling complex ambiguous problems.
The successful candidate has strong product management experience, technical acumen and a passion for delighting product users with simple solutions and engaging digital experiences. You will drive the product strategy and roadmap that will help us define and scale this business. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. We're looking for people who are smart and get things done.
- Define creative, high-quality roadmaps based on product strategy and vision
- Assume end-to-end responsibility for the strategic value, usability, and performance of our digital products
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, scope, time to market
- Work closely with engineering teams, design, and program management in an agile environment to deliver products to market
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues to help the team meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Must have a holistic focus with an eye on the details
- Manages product planning and development through day to day collaboration and decision making with a cross-functional team including architects, engineers, designers and business or subject matter representatives
- Participates in daily standup
- Writes detailed, crisp user stories based on customer needs/experience and business requirements
- Responsible for defining the acceptance criteria of a product feature
- Reviews wireframes and visuals and provides direction
- Works with UX Research to design usability studies to inform product requirements and influence product design and experience
- Defines and analyzes metrics that measure and benchmark product success
- Creates data flows and functional and technical specifications as needed
- Maintains product backlog and leads regular prioritization with business stakeholders and leadership
- Manages bug backlog, determines priority of bugs and which releases they are assigned to
- Hands on experience in writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements
- Performs validation of feature against customer and business goals and acceptance criteria
- Identifies dependencies and constraints
- Communicate to leadership and stakeholders to gather their requirements, update on roadmap and share feature request release timing
- Drive product launches including working with public relations/marketing team, executives, and other team members
- Interface and partner with all levels of the AWS and Amazon business
- Drives optimization and process improvements between product, design, site management, and development teams
- Stays abreast of new technology capabilities and leverages knowledge in contributing to product solutions. Recommends and plans innovative products and features
Come help us build this service from the ground up; this is an opportunity to be part of a 'greenfield' effort and build truly innovative solutions for customers.
Join a start-up team that is driven to serve customers, is smart, hardworking, and fun.
- Bachelor's degree
- Progressive experience in managing and delivering digital products on a large scale or across a portfolio of products
- Led product management in mobile/web products from vision to launch
- Demonstrated ability to use analytics and optimization tools to inform product planning and prioritization (5 years)
- Ability to identify, own, and resolve issues; creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Experience in scaling new businesses
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Ability to lead without authority by building relationships
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to understand complex business and technical issues
- Ability to plan for and review technical programming specifications
- Able to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to facilitate discussions and lead effective meetings
- Ability to inspire cross-functional team members to work together
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in a technology environment
- 3+ years in building applications in web and/or mobile
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top