Sr Technical Product Manager, AWS Networking / Direct Connect
- Herndon, VA
AWS Network Services has a vision to provide the network for the world's workloads. We have made deep investments over the past thirteen years to ensure that AWS has the networking capabilities required to run any workload in the cloud with availability, global coverage, and manageability. By joining the Network Services team, you will be a part of supplying the best and most consistent high performance for the broadest set of feature-rich applications. You will be at the forefront of delivering customer applications and content securely anywhere in the world.
AWS Network Services is looking for an experienced leader in our AWS Direct Connect organization to help us define product strategy and accelerate adoption of our services in the cloud. We are looking for a leader with strong technical and communication skills to drive product management across AWS Direct Connect's offerings. As a Senior Product Manager - Technical (PMT) you will be responsible for managing the lifecycle of a product and be the voice of that product's customer. You will own the roadmap, reporting and manage the business needs of the product. With AWS Network Services, you will be able to see and feel the impact of your work on your customers.
We're looking for a PMT-ES that's passionate about solving customer problems and has demonstrated success in turning ambiguous customer needs into successful products. Candidates will be comfortable working closely with and across agile teams. This is a high visibility, high impact role that will interact with all levels of AWS leadership. The right person is naturally customer centric and thrives in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment and solid communication skills. This role is for someone with a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically.
Bring your passion for what's possible in the world of cloud services and join us!
Note: this role can be based in Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA.
• A Bachelor's Degree in a technical field, or equivalent professional work experience in technical roles
• 10+ years of professional work experience
• 5+ years in a technical product management role
• 3+ years of product management experience delivering large-scale products where you are responsible for the full product lifecycle, from concept through GTM. This includes collaborating with Sales, Business Development, Engineering and Solutions Architects internally and externally to ensure product success.
• An MBA and/or a degree in Computer Science (or the equivalent), or professional work experience as a software engineer is a huge plus
• A deep understanding of networking technologies (beyond setting up your home wifi) is highly-preferred
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top