Alexa is the groundbreaking, cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our teams create the speech recognition science and technology behind Alexa. Our goal is to delight our customers by delivering the world's best speech recognition and language understanding powering the world's best artificial intelligence. Join us!
We're seeking a Senior Product Manager (Technical). In this role you will you will define, execute, and deliver a product roadmap that adds value to Alexa's customers. You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, science, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
You should be a problem solver who is excited by hard never-been-solved before challenges, and enjoys working with Science and tech teams collaboratively. You should be somebody who is passionate about leading programs that have both broad influence and unique science and technical challenges to solve, and equally comfortable interacting with business units on their business needs. You enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. This role requires great technical expertise, and ability to dive deep into the science based challenges and solutions we solve on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have experience leading delivery across Science and Engineering disciplines, and an established track record of delivering large complex programs as well as effectively influencing up and across the organization.
• Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
• Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
• Prioritize Science and Engineering work, and balance the requirements of customers and stakeholders
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may affect the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
• Minimum of 5+ years of customer focused product management experience.
• 5+ years of experience working on Internet-scale web services for consumers, designing and implementing infrastructure and/or application management products and services.
• Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience working with stakeholders across many functions
• Masters of Business Administration
• Expertise in agile software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile estimation and planning, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with Machine Learning
• Track record for managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Solid foundation in service-oriented technologies to be able to understand service inter-dependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.