Sr. Technical Product Manager
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice.
This role reports to the leader for the Household Organization - Tasks team and will own product management for how customers use voice to organize their lives and become more productive.
- Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of customer focused product management experience.
- 4+ years of experience working on Internet-scale web services for consumer-customers, designing and implementing infrastructure and/or application management products and services.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Prior working experience in a Software Development Team.
- Experience working with stakeholders across many functions.
- MBA and/or Master's degree.
- Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers in households.
- Experience working with systems built using machine learning/artificial intelligence techniques.
- Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment.
- Experience working within a product team or similar environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top