Sr. Technical Consultant (TAM)
- Pune, India
Amazon has built a global reputation for being the most customer-centric company, a company that customers from all over the world recognize, value, and trust for both our products and services. Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun and Make History."
As an increasing number of enterprises move their critical systems to the cloud, Amazon Internet Services Private Limited (AISPL) is in need of highly efficient technical consulting talent to help our largest and strategically important customers navigate the operational challenges and complexities of AWS Cloud. We are looking for Sr. Technical Consultants to support our customers creative and transformative spirit of innovation across all technologies, including Compute, Storage, Database, Data Analytics, Application services, Networking, Server-less and more. This is not a sales role, but rather an opportunity to be the principal technical advisor for organizations ranging from start-ups to large enterprises.
As a Sr. Technical Consultant, you will be the primary technical point of contact for one or more customers helping to plan, debug, and oversee ongoing operations of business-critical applications. You will get your hands dirty, troubleshooting application, network, database, and architectural challenges using a suite of internal AWS Cloud tools as well as your existing knowledge and toolkits. We are seeking individuals with strong backgrounds in I.T. Consulting and in any of these related areas such as Solution Designing, Application and System Development, Database Management, Big Data and Analytics, DevOps Consulting, and Media technologies. Knowledge of programming and scripting is beneficial to the role.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use groundbreaking Cloud technologies.
• Interact with leading technologists around the world.
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS Cloud services.
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs.
• Work directly with AWS Cloud subject matter experts to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
• Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the customer community.
• Leverage your extensive customer support experience and provide feedback to internal AISPL teams on how to improve our services.
• Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers' technical support experience.
• Assist in Design/Architecture of AWS and Hybrid cloud solutions.
• Help Enterprises define IT and business processes that work well with cloud deployments.
• Be available outside of business hours to help coordinate the handling of urgent issues as needed.
This job is applicable to both Mumbai and Pune locations.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT, Math, or related discipline required, or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years of hands-on Infrastructure / Troubleshooting / Systems Administration / Networking / DevOps / Applications Development experience in a distributed systems environment.
• External enterprise customer-facing experience as a technical lead, with strong oral and written communication skills, presenting to both large and small audiences.
• Track record of ramping up quickly in an evolving and challenging role.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment.
• Proven track record of exceptional customer focus.
• Be mobile and travel to client locations as needed.
• Advanced experience in one or more of the following areas: Software Design or Development, Content Distribution/CDN, Scripting/Automation, Database Architecture, IP Networking, IT Security, Big Data/Hadoop/Spark, Operations Management, Service Oriented Architecture etc.
• Experience in a 24x7 operational services or support environment.
• Experience with AWS Cloud services and/or other Cloud offerings.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top