Sr. Tax Analyst, Tax
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon is seeking a Senior Tax Analyst based at its Seattle, WA or Arlington, VA headquarters to support Mergers & Acquisitions. Primary responsibilities will include:
• Providing tax support for acquisitions, investments, and corporate restructurings, including due diligence, negotiation, structuring and post-close integration matters.
• Advising, coordinating and problem-solving across a multi-functional M&A team, including corporate development, legal, HR, accounting, finance and business teams to achieve complex project goals.
• Researching and documenting federal (domestic and international) tax issues, including coordination with external advisors and support financial modeling and presentations of tax impacts of transactional planning.
• Serving as a technical resource to other members of the tax department.
• Implementing and executing organizational processes to help the Tax M&A team meet its goal of best-in-class post-closing compliance and integration.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in a Mergers and Acquisitions team, focusing on the tax aspects of acquisitions, investments and post-closing integration.
• Planning, researching and coordinating corporate tax projects, with a focus on investments and acquisitions.
• Providing tax advice with respect to corporate tax issues.
• Coordinate communications with business teams, internal tax functional subject matter experts, and create and support cross functional communication tools.
• Developing strong working relationships among cross-functional teams, including Legal, Accounting and Corporate Development.
• BA/BS degree required
• Juris Doctor or Masters in Tax
• 2-4 years of tax experience
• Working knowledge of corporate tax laws, including domestic and international, state and local • Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex tax laws in a business setting.
• Experience with tax issues associated with financial instruments and valuations.
• Strong technical, analytical and problem solving ability.
• Ability to multi-task between large, complex projects.
• Experience working in a large public accounting, law firm, or large multi-national corporation.
• Experience managing large-scale projects.
• Strong technical writing and federal/international tax research skills.
• Significant experience in mergers and acquisitions and outbound taxation concepts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top