Sr. Talent Acquisition Leader, Alexa
Do you have an obsession for customers and a strong interest in building innovative solutions? Do you have proven strategy development and program implementation success, analytical capabilities, exceptional communication, project/ongoing program management skills, ability to root cause and permanently eliminate defects, and possess the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment?
Come join Alexa, the speech and language behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, and making history!
Talent acquisition is an integral part of our Alexa business growth cycle, responsible for placing the right individuals in roles to fund key new initiatives. The Sr. Mgr. / Leader – Alexa Talent Acquisition position leads the talent acquisition strategy across multiple Alexa business units. The Sr. Mgr. position reports to the Director TA, and is supported by a recruiting team and several recruiting managers. The Sr. Mgr. / Leader – Alexa Talent Acquisition will lead the recruiting team to hire across all business unit positions, partnering with internal clients and collaboratively with recruiting leadership to build a candidate-centric Amazon.com recruiting experience.
We're looking for a strong talent acquisition leader to drive Amazon's recruiting strategy and recruiting brand effort. As the Sr. Mgr. / Leader – Alexa Talent Acquisition, you are a key leader responsible for creating and driving the full-cycle recruiting strategy including sourcing, closing, client partnership, and logistics support. You'll drive process change to improve key productivity metrics, add automation & scale and develop business unit employment branding initiatives to help candidates understand the uniqueness of each business unit. You will also take a hands-on, dive deep approach with the most senior level roles, applying your expertise to drive the recruitment and successful closing of these candidates.
The successful candidate must exhibit good judgment, directly leading a full-service recruiting team, assessing current recruiting team talent and establishing team structure that supports our hiring demand. Team size may flex throughout the year based on client team hiring needs.
This is a Leadership recruiting role. Major objectives/goals for this role:
- Amazon's mission is to be Earths Most Customer Centric Company. Candidates and internal hiring clients are Talent Acquisition's customers. This position will build a candidate and client experience that upholds Amazon's Customer Centric mission.
- Amazon is a culture of Owners. This position will passionately drive results, think and act quickly, operate long-term and in the best interest of Company objectives.
- Amazon Hires and Develops the Best, building teams to support our long term strategy. This position will uphold a high hiring bar continuously and drive process improvement to hire faster.
- Amazon is a collaborative work environment where individuals Earn Trust of Others. This position will build business partnerships to make the best hiring decisions for the organization. This position will also help build an overall consistent Amazon recruiting brand both inside and outside the organization.
- Amazon Dives Deep into analytics to make decisions based on facts and data. This position applies both planning & performance analytical rigor to determine resourcing requirements and build the annual hiring plan;
- Amazon is a place where individuals Think Big. This position applies innovation to recruiting process and supports business team project goals and strategy. Examples include developing an innovative and sustainable sourcing and placement strategy across a variety of challenging & competitive positions.
The ideal candidate demonstrates:
- Excellent ability to partner with a wide variety of very senior level individuals including our top-level business leaders and seasoned professional candidates.
- Passion for candidate experience; constantly thinks about how to improve the experience for candidates and influences clients to consider candidates as Amazon customers.
- Curiosity & creative thinking; builds and drives innovative, productive sourcing strategies.
- Strong command of data and analytics; uses data to influence change with clients and builds strong ROI cases for investment of resources (funding, headcount, etc.).
- Dedicated focus on developing the team, peers and self; coaches team members to grow in Amazon's Global Talent Acquisition organization.
- Process orientation; creates standardized recruiting processes at all points in the candidate life cycle to improve recruiting efficiency.
- Inherent curiosity about the business functions at Amazon; works to deeply understand the clients, improve business acumen in the functional space, and apply business knowledge to improve assessment and placement of candidates and drive the overall business unit brand message.
- Exceptional personal bias for action; in addition to management responsibilities, acts as a highly productive recruiter for the most senior and complex roles.
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable discipline such as Business or Human Resources.
- 10+ years of experience in recruiting and/or recruiting management and/or Sr. Business leadership.
- Advanced degree (MBA, or other applicable advanced degree preferred).
- Exhibits excellent judgment.
- Strong analytical thinker to problem solve and creative in approach to talent acquisition.
- Highly inquisitive to challenge the status quo.
- Track record of attracting and developing top talent and building high performing teams.
- If business background, multi-year demonstrated experience directly partnering with recruiting team to effectively hire high and hire fast.
- Data driven approach with strong analytics and the ability to create, measure and scale the right work workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team.
- Strong process and auditing skills.
- Evidence of continuous customer obsession, ownership and driving results.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top