Sr. Systems Development Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
Are you looking for an exciting career leveraging the cloud to accelerate the development of 5G networks?
We are seeking Systems Engineers to join the AWS Connectivity Services Group for a secret project. In this role, you will be responsible for the development of Wireless/Communications systems and services running on the AWS cloud and AWS Outposts. You will be developing services and solutions across the full stack to revolutionize the communications industry and how customers consume wireless services. This opportunity is similar to what you might find at a start-up as you will be building a new line of business, with new technologies, from the ground-up. The AWS Connectivity Services Group is the foundation for many projects such as the recently announced 5G network for Dish.
We are looking for customer obsessed engineers with a balance of deep technical skills and solid software development expertise, who are passionate about promoting customer centricity and ensuring focus on creating great customer experiences. This will be an opportunity to design and develop cloud-native solutions and services for the communications industry, collaborate across AWS teams to drive and shape solutions that truly delight customers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of experience in Systems and Network Administration, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering.
• 4+ years of experience with focus in areas such as systems and network design and implementation.
• 4+ years of experience with web protocols and Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
• 4+ years of experience in building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments using Python, Java, PHP, Ruby, Perl or Bash/Shell.
• 4+ years of experience with agile software development practices.
• 6+ years of experience in Systems and Network Administration, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering.
• Experience building scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure software and systems or distributed systems, preferably on a Unix or Linux platform.
• Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 real-time communications-oriented production environment, preferably across multiple data centers, involving (preferably) at least hundreds of machines.
• Industry experience in virtualization of communications systems a plus.
• Experience with wireless communications test and simulation tools.
• Strong experience in Linux system administration with an intense focus on virtualization and code repository management.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top