Sr. Systems Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
At AWS, within the Connectivity Services Group, we are inventing the future of wireless networking, and are looking for a Senior Systems Development Engineer to bring our vision into reality. You will be responsible for leading the development and integration of the next generation of Wireless/Communications systems. You will be responsible for holding the engineering deliverables quality high, even as we optimize our development processes to better serve our customers, and will be expected to mentor and guide junior engineers.
You are expected to be versatile and able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You are comfortable managing competing priorities and are able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios. Maturity, high judgment, ability to influence and leadership are essential to success in this role. You are data-driven and analytical. As a member of our team, you will work closely with the business to design and implement new features. You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software and systems development life cycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will push your design and architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack systems integration and development.
Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience.
Inclusive Team Culture Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work/Life Balance Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
• 4+ years of experience in Systems and Network Administration, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering.
• 4+ years of experience with focus in areas such as systems and network design and implementation.
• 4+ years of experience with web protocols and Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
• 4+ years of experience in building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments using Python, Java, PHP, Ruby, Perl or Bash/Shell.
• 4+ years of experience with agile software development practices.
• 6+ years of experience in Systems and Network Administration, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering.
• Experience building scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure software and systems or distributed systems, preferably on a Unix or Linux platform.
• Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 real-time communications-oriented production environment, preferably across multiple data centers, involving (preferably) at least hundreds of machines.
• Industry experience in virtualization of communications systems a plus.
• Experience with wireless communications test and simulation tools.
• Strong experience in Linux system administration with an intense focus on virtualization and code repository management.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top