Sr. Systems Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Do you enjoy solving complex problems and driving influential changes? Are you curious about the systems used to run the largest cloud computing infrastructures in the world? Do you thrive in a fast paced and ever-changing environment? If you answered YES to these questions, then our team is looking for you! The AWS Hardware team drives system innovation in the servers used by all of Amazon Web Services, including EC2, S3 and CloudFront. Our engineers solve the hardest problems that fuse software, hardware, and the cloud. We take big bets on new concepts, enabling AWS services to continue to revolutionize the industry.
What you will do: As a senior member of the Server Hardware Engineering team you will provide technology leadership and own system development to ensure that every piece of server hardware in AWS meets performance targets, is healthy, and manageable at scale. You will work closely with our customers to understand their business goals and define and technical product requirements. You will interact with engineers and business owners across the company and work with an interdisciplinary team to build systems for design, test, certification, manufacturing and integration into final product SKUs and deployment to data centers around the world. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you'll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You'll have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you'll be constantly looking for ways to improve your products performance, quality and cost. We're changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience in system engineering
• 7+ years of experience in performance, automation, testing, and verification
• 7+ years of experience in server development
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or a related field
• 10+ years of experience in system engineering
• Experience with server performance characterization, validation, testing, and root causing
• Experience integrating software applications into automated environments
• Experience developing, deploying, and owning cloud applications
• Experience with leading software system development teams
• Strong organizational, planning, writing, and communications skills
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with interdisciplinary teams to execute product design from concept to production
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top