Sr. System Safety Engineer - Air Vehicle Functional Safety
- Seattle, WA
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity and inclusion of our teams within the organization.
We're working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
We're looking for an outstanding Sr. System Safety Engineer who combines superb technical and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. This person must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch developers and collaborating with our engineering teams. We're looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
Export License Control
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon's ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
• 5+ years experience in systems or safety engineering in the aerospace or automotive market
• Strong statistical and reliability fundamentals
• Experience in analysis of safety critical systems
• Experience working with requirements management and safety tools (CAFTA, Medini, and similar)
• Excellent written and verbal communications; ability to explain complex concepts to colleagues across disciplines.
• Proficient working with cross functional teams to drive analysis of complex systems.
• Proficient working under ARP-4761/4754 and DO-178 or ISO26262 certification processes
• Experience developing FHAs, Fault Trees, Reliability Predictions, FMEAs, SSAs
• Deep knowledge performing safety analyses in one or more of the following: Image based perception systems, aircraft avionics and structural analysis, cloud-based, software intensive systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top