Sr. System Engineer - Identity and Access Management
- Redmond, WA
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband network connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
In this role you will be a leading an effort to enhance the Identity and Access Management (IAM) function for our organization. You will work cross functionally to gather requirements, design proper controls, and implement the strategy for internal Kuiper resources. This includes team systems and tools, lab networks, and access to AWS cloud infrastructure.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team. While you will come to our team with your own diverse experience, you will have the ability to further develop your skills and grow your career within one of our most innovative programs.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong communication skills and has project management experience. You should expect to work in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment.
You are responsible for the design and deployment of Identity and Access Management (IAM) systems of internal Project Kuiper resources. You will work collaboratively with internal teams to intake requirements and deliver a customer obsessed experience to Project Kuiper specific tools.
• Deliver services to enable effective Identity and Access Management throughout internal operations
• Enforce compliance with IAM principals including: least privilege access, password management, Audit logging
• Drive 3rd party secure collaboration efforts to accelerate Kuiper projects.
• Partner with Amazon security organizations to ensure compliance with existing security policies.
• Understand the Amazon Identity Management ecosystem holistically and identify existing services and capabilities that may solve existing problems
• Engage with and influence the many stakeholders and interested parties to ensure compliance, security and operational functional requirements are met or exceeded
• Create and implement automated processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency and scalability
• Develop monitoring and reporting on the health, effectiveness and efficiency of IAM services.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or related discipline
• 5 years of experience with Access and authorization systems
• Experience with scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl, Bash, etc.)
• 5+ years' experience working on large scale systems
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels across multiple business units
• Thorough understanding of common authentication standards (OAUTH, SAML, FIDO, etc)
• Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
• Familiarity with AWS Cloud Security controls and deployment
• Experience with user provisioning, system authorization, PKI, MFA, AAA solutions, and password vaulting systems and services.
• Previous experience in ITAR Compliance.
• Familiarity with Information security technologies and controls.
• Familiarity with operations resiliency and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top