Sr. System Development Engineer- Yocto
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Yocto Build System Engineer , you will engage with cross-functional teams to conceive and design a release pipeline including CI/CD stage for a range of innovative consumer products. You will work closely with internal teams to design and develop the infrastructure necessary to build these products as well as develop a SCM strategy to manage software milestone releases. You will be looked at provide a roadmap for adoption of Yocto across several product lines and design build systems and automation that will leverage Yocto. As part of the DevOps org, your work will have a large impact on developer productivity, release schedules and enable high quality device software releases for Amazon's customers. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You must also be able and willing to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, equivalent experience, or related field required
• Experience in release deployments
• Experience with setting up CI/CD pipelines
• 3+ years experience or background in Build and Release Engineering
• Experience in managing large fleets
• Experience with version control/Code-Review tools like Git, Gerrit, GitHub etc.
• Experience with OpenEmbedded, BitBake, Keil IDE's.
• Experience build frameworks, such as the Android build system, , Buildroot
• Understanding the integration between automated software test and the build process
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top