AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
The AWS Directory Services team is looking for a Systems Development Engineer. We create and manage highly-scalable Directories with operational precision, and focus on the hard problems so customers can focus on their business.
As a Systems Development Engineer you will work with a wide variety of technologies and projects that range from third party enterprise solutions to open source and proprietary inventions to solve for the business needs. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote sites around the world will make you successful in this role. You can expect to constantly learn new things and expand your knowledge to meet varying business demands.
Primary responsibilities include troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production issues, developing monitoring solutions, performing software maintenance and configuration, implementing the fix for internally developed code (in C#, Python, PowerShell, Bash), performing SQL queries, updating, tracking and resolving technical challenges. Responsibilities also include working alongside development, updating/enhancing our current software, automation of support processes and documentation of our systems.
The ideal candidate is committed to improving systems, preventing outages and finding innovative solutions. You also have a high standard of work and have the ability to make trade offs to ensure customers have positive outcomes.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• A minimum of 6 years of technical support experience is required.
• Systems Administration / Engineering background required.
• The ability to program to solve problems and automate repetitive tasks in a common scripting or programming language such as Python, Bash, or Ruby
• Deep knowledge of the Linux and/or Windows operating systems.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
• A history of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in a dynamic environment.
• Should be genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies. Must be a self-starter and motivated.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Experience with large, high-throughput distributed systems
• Systems Administration or Development in a Linux and/or Windows environments.
• Understanding of Identity Systems such as LDAP, Active Directory, Samba.
• Development depth in OOP, Java, UNIX, Perl, C#, XML, Web services, Powershell and UNIX tools.
• Experience with some aspect(s) of computer security: network security, application security, security protocols, cryptography, etc.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Excellent documentation skills
• Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems
• Able to show good judgment and instincts in decision making
• Able to prioritize and perform in complex, fast-paced situations
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services
• Experience with agile software development practice
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.