Sr System Development Engineer, Identity and Authentication
- Seattle, WA
The Enterprise Engineering team provides innovative solutions to support Amazonians around the globewherever they may be. We touch every element of the business: our corporate offices, our customer service team, fulfillment centers, a diverse development community, and many more.
We are looking for an experienced Systems Development Engineer with deep expertise in designing and supporting enterprise-scale infrastructure. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and quality of services you deliver.
Who are you?
You have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. You have experience working as a systems development or site reliability engineer in an enterprise environment, and have implemented automated solutions across a variety of applications and systems. You enjoy writing code and creating automation to manage your services.
You're knowledgeable. You are an expert in a few chosen areas but also strive to maintain a broad skillset. You constantly seek out new ideas and technologies that you can use to deliver a higher quality services at a cheaper prices. People seek you out as a resource to solve difficult problems.
You're passionate about success. You use data to measure success and you don't spend time on things that do not matter. You take responsibility for the quality of your service and, regardless of their source, strive to prevent faults from impacting your customers.
You understand different people have different needs to be productive, and strive to develop self-service oriented solutions. You have a passion for learning, designing, and building cloud computing systems for a diverse set of customers.
You're an Amazonian.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or relevant work experience)
• 8+ years engineering solutions in large scale (over 10,000 users) global environments
• Experience writing complex scripts and/or object-oriented code in programming languages such as PowerShell, Python, Node, C# or Java
• Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environment
• 3+ years engineering federated identity solutions (Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services or similar)
• Strong knowledge in other authentication systems/protocols such as Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), RADIUS, and Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
• Experience developing monitoring solutions for large scale services
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top