Sr. System Development Engineer - Amazon Chime
- Seattle, WA
Are you excited by the prospect of solving some of the hardest and most valued technical challenges of cloud computing? Do you want to apply your deep analytical and engineering skills to the space of enterprise collaboration and productivity apps? Come join us at AWS!
The Amazon Web Services' Productivity Applications team is looking for an engineer to help us build and operate Amazon Chime (https://chime.aws/) - a service that addresses our enterprise customers' needs. We are specifically looking for leaders who want to build the best customer experiences.
The things we are working on are in response to loud and clear feedback from customers about the daily pain points their workers deal with in collaborating, communicating and sharing documents and information. Leveraging AWS' scale, reliability, flexibility, and ease of use, we will offer customers an easy to manage and cost effective solution that solves many of these these pain points. We are working hard to define and build an early version of this exciting service and launch it for customers as quickly as possible to get feedback and iterate.
We are looking for a highly effective engineer that can make an immediate difference and help design and deliver systems while maintaining a constant customer focus. You will work with your peers and product management team to tackle hard problems with a growing AWS service.
Preferred locations are Seattle, WA or the Washington, DC area, but we are open to exceptional remote candidates as well.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS or Masters in Computer Science & 3+ years of experience
• Experience with SIP, RTP, and other VoIP Concepts
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systems
• Experience with telecom industry problem sets, including Local Number Portability (LNP), SMS, and IMS/Intelligent Network design
• Familiar with open source SIP/PSTN stacks
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Experience writing unit and system level tests using dependency injection frameworks and object mocking.
• Ability to take raw product requirements and create architectures and designs to bring them to life
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to think creatively and solve problems
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top