Sr. System Development Engineer - Amazon Chime
- Palo Alto, CA
Are you excited by the prospect of solving some of the hardest and most valued technical challenges of cloud computing? Do you want to apply your deep analytical and engineering skills to the space of enterprise collaboration and productivity apps? Come join us at AWS!
The Amazon Web Services' Productivity Applications team is looking for an engineer to help us build and operate Amazon Chime (https://chime.aws/) - a service that addresses our enterprise customers' needs. We are specifically looking for leaders who want to build the best customer experiences.
The things we are working on are in response to loud and clear feedback from customers about the daily pain points their workers deal with in collaborating, communicating and sharing documents and information. Leveraging AWS' scale, reliability, flexibility, and ease of use, we will offer customers an easy to manage and cost effective solution that solves many of these these pain points. We are working hard to define and build an early version of this exciting service and launch it for customers as quickly as possible to get feedback and iterate.
We are looking for a highly effective engineer that can make an immediate difference and help design and deliver systems while maintaining a constant customer focus. You will work with your peers and product management team to tackle hard problems with a growing AWS service.
Preferred locations are Seattle, WA or the Washington, DC area, but we are open to exceptional remote candidates as well.
• BS or Masters in Computer Science & 3+ years of experience
• Experience with SIP, RTP, and other VoIP Concepts
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systems
• Experience with telecom industry problem sets, including Local Number Portability (LNP), SMS, and IMS/Intelligent Network design
• Familiar with open source SIP/PSTN stacks
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Experience writing unit and system level tests using dependency injection frameworks and object mocking.
• Ability to take raw product requirements and create architectures and designs to bring them to life
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to think creatively and solve problems
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top