Sr. System Development Engineer
- Aurora, CO
Like to develop modern and scalable web applications? Like to interact with global internal customers to automate and optimize their processes? Familiar with backend programming languages and technologies such as Python, AWS RDS, AWS IOT, AWS greengrass and DynamoDB? Interested in being part of a worldwide operating system development team? Then the System Development team in Fulfillment Center (FC) Operations Tech IT (Ops Tech IT) wants you!
The System Development team in FC-Ops Tech IT in Bangalore is seeking an outstanding Senior System Development Engineer to design and develop IT monitoring web applications with focus on the backend technologies and infrastructure.
The candidate will work in the area of software and system development for different internal customers in Amazon with focus on internal applications in the IT area. The specific task will be the technical design and development of software products to optimize and automate internal processes. Main focus will be on the development of web applications in the backend including testing, documentation, and deployment in worldwide Amazon locations.
Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related discipline) with focus on application/software development. The candidate further needs to have hands-on industry experience in application design and development especially in backend topics such as database design, web services, performance tuning and security. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are required.
• Design and development of web applications and backend components
• Communication on all levels
• Project ownership
• Modular and scalable software development
• Tight communication and collaborative work with internal customers
• A dynamic working environment with excellent development and career options
• Possibilities to cooperate and develop in a fast growing and international operating company
• Flat hierarchies
• Flexible working times
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• 8+ years of software development experience in an interpreted language like Java/Python
• Demonstrated understanding of how and where risk is introduced during software development
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
• Web Development
• Excellent communication skills, the ability to work well in a team, strong customer focus, and ownership
• Proven hands-on experience of working with AWS products to deliver software systems
• Experience with distributed computing and large-scale systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Knowledge in Test-driven development: unit tests and integration tests
• Excellent analytical skills
• Good understanding with TCP/IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols such as: DNS, DHCP, NTP, SMTP, and SNMP
• Awareness of cloud technologies and architecture
• Proven ability to quickly learn and adapt to new concepts
Back to top