Are you interested in being part of a team of engineers tasked with building and maintaining next generation Access Control that intersect cloud computing, machine learning, and IoT? Do you enjoy the challenge of building and managing innovative services? Do you want to make an impact at a global scale? Then you should join our team!
The mission of Global Security Operations (GSO) is to support Amazon's Worldwide Operations, as well as affiliate and retail businesses, by creating and maintaining a work environment that is both prepared and secure through global security centers of excellence staffed by subject matter experts in people and asset protection. GSO Engineering accomplishes this by building innovative, highly scalable services & technologies that that eliminate subjectivity, complexity, and variation: identifying, preparing for, and mitigating risk; and auditing our practices to ensure compliance.
What does it take to succeed in this role?
You need to be creative, responsible, and able to dive deep into emerging technologies such as serverless AWS technologies. You will think about business opportunities, operational issues, architectural diagrams, scalability, security, and the customer perspective in the course of a single conversation. You have a deep mastery of programming languages, distributed microservices, serverless computing, and performance engineering. Someone who makes the team both productive and fun to work in. Excited to learn from others while bringing your own novel capabilities and perspectives. Our team members thrive in a hands-on environment where everyone actively participates in product definition, technical architecture review, iterative development, code review, and operations.
Our customers are innovators, and you will have the chance to work with them to understand their challenges and design new offerings. Together, we'll shape not just our own products, but the direction of the industry.
What you will get from us:
We are a team that cares about your work-life balance, while challenging you and your team to solve problems at high scale. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged. You will get support and resources from some of the smartest people in the industry to continue your personal and professional growth. You'll be joining a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that loves working together towards a common goal and make history in launching a new strategic service in the industry.
• 4+ years of non-internship professional system or software development experience
• 3+ years Programming experience with at least one modern language such as NodeJS, Java, C++, or Python including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Expert knowledge of one of the following programming languages: NodeJS, Java, C or C++
• 4+ years of hands-on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support, building scalable system software and/or Services
• Deep understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
• Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design, to solve challenging problems
• Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
• Track record of building, delivering, and maintaining mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Master Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• Experience working directly with non-tech customers.