Sr. System Dev Engineer (SoC Architecture)
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senior Systems Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with both internal teams and outside partners to drive and develop key aspects of the product. You will use your strong analytical skills to guide architecture, software optimization and ultimately data-driven decision making. As part of a technology team, your work will have a large impact on platform design, internal software, ecosystem, and ultimately the lives of Amazon customers. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You must also be able and willing to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
• Broad cross-functional engineering interaction with an emphasis on delighting customers with innovation in the consumer electronics space
• Keeping the customer in mind when designing systems
• Being comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shy away from a challenge
• Helping build robust methodology and processes to deliver technology to products.
• Bachelor's degree in related field. Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science background (based on a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or related field)
• 7+ years of experience building successful production software systems
• 3+ years of experience in working with SoC vendors and having knowledge of design trade-off required for SoC based systems. Understands impact of the SoC design on software and system performance.
• 5+ years of experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++ or Java.
• 5+ years of development experience on embedded platforms using Google Android, Linux, Windows, Apple iOS and/or WebOS
• Can take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience developing software foundations and environments for application development
• Can work closely with other developers to understand their needs and issues and to develop cooperative solutions
• Experience working with networking or communications devices in an embedded environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top