Sr. SW Development Engineer - Amazon Devices
- Seattle, WA
Join the team that brought you the Echo Show, a touch-screen enabled Alexa device that supports video calling, music, weather, and more! Our Echo Software team works on not only the Echo Show but other high-profile consumer electronics products including Fire TV, Kindle, and the Echo family of devices. We're just getting started, and we'd love to have you join us to bring innovative experiences to millions of customers. As a senior software engineer in the Alexa Home team, you will help drive innovation by developing features that present innovative speech-backed visuals on our Echo Show, Echo Spot, and similar screened Alexa devices.
Specifically, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining new systems, partnering with other Amazon and third-party services and device teams as required. You will ensure that Alexa almost never drops her end of the conversation, delivering services that respond with minimal latency at Amazon scale. You may work on web services, APIs, large scale data infrastructure, machine learning, and more. If being at the forefront of new innovation for Alexa sounds exciting, we've love to talk to you!
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 6+ years of industry experience.
• CS fundamentals including algorithms, runtime analysis, OO design, code quality.
• Strong technical credentials and deep hands-on technical expertise building complex, highly scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Development experience on mobile platforms such as Google Android
• Superior HW/SW design and architecture knowledge
• Graphics - UI Composition and Fluidity for mobile applications
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, Alexa Skills development
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and proven methodologies for the full software development process (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top