Sr. SW Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and bring to market innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
Connectivity is a core feature of our products. We have openings for SDEs to build a team responsible for developing new and unique wireless connectivity solutions. In this role, you will:
- · Contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of custom embedded software applications and services across multiple platforms
- · Design and build cutting edge software with a small, but experienced team of engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- · 7+ years of relevant work experience in embedded software or hardware control systems
- · 7+ years coding skills in C or C++ and Java, on a Unix/Linux platform
- · Experience developing in a Linux environment
- · Experience debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- · Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
- Experience developing distributed, multi-process, and multi-threaded client/server architectures
- · Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- · Low-level (Kernel) software experience
- · Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- · Experience influencing software engineer's best practices within your team
- · Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- · Ability to propose and evolve features under the guidance of Senior and Principal Engineers
- · Understanding of end-to-end SW development tool chains and environments
- · Experience with network routing protocols
- Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top