Do you pioneer? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? Do you want to be part of a newly formed and growing organization that is designing and launching new business models across the world? If so, the Amazon Supply Chain team is looking for an experienced leader with a strong record of achieving results to build and operate a worldwide Amazon last mile delivery network.
We are seeking a leader for an exciting opportunity to work in the last mile delivery space to drive topology, capacity planning and launching new last mile delivery operations. In this role you will deal with ambiguity, identify problem statements and develop innovative solutions to improve Customer Experience, reduce cost and create a best in class home delivery network. We make complex problems fun working backwards from our customers!
The transportation network encompasses all of the operations required to deliver worldwide shipments from our fulfillment channels to our customers. This role entails innovation, thinking outside the box, and deep understanding of the business. You will work with multiple business and technical teams across the company to drive continuous improvement and enhance performance.
Are you the type of person who possesses an entrepreneurial drive, seeking to create, develop and integrate innovative solutions to deliver world class service to the customers? Come talk to us...
• Last Mile operations planning and delivery capacity planning
• Last Mile weekly plan creation and supporting operational execution
• Develop deep understanding of transportation planning and optimization tools
• Own and drive transportation planning for new launches
• Drive technology requirements to improve tools and processes
• Own business goals to optimize customer experience and cost
• Completed Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Transportation Logistics, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in program management, logistics, operations, supply chain, transportation, or equivalent education/experience
• Demonstrated experience leading and owning cross-functional programs
• Demonstrated experience owning the design, implementation, and optimization of initiatives at scale
• Experience with data mining and data analysis
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Experience with analytical tools such as SQL, Tableau, or Microsoft Access
• MBA/MS and work experience in dedicated project management highly desired
• Practical application of program management methodology including PMP/Lean Six Sigma/Kaizen
• Advanced knowledge of analytical tools such as SQL, Tableau, MS Excel, or Microsoft Access
• Demonstrated ability working in an ambiguous environment
• Experience handling changing priorities and using good judgment when working in stressful situations
• Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic, and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
• Proven ability to influence internal/external stakeholders without authority to adopt new processes/initiatives
• Executive level written and oral communication skills
• High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities simultaneously
• Demonstrated success in thinking strategically and executing methodically
• Analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Demonstrated experience communicating data insights to others, including use of data visualization tools
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business and the competitive landscape
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us