Sr. Strategy Manager - Asia Pacific Local Originals, Amazon Studios
- Tokyo, Japan
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers around the world are watching?
Prime Video is one of the leading global digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the Emmy Award-winning comedy The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys and locally-produced Amazon Originals from around the world including Japan's Documental, India's Four More Shots Please!, the UK's The Grand Tour, Mexico's De Viaje Con Los Derbez, Italy's Celebrity Hunted, and Spain's El Cid, plus live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
The Local Originals Strategic Planning & Analysis team is seeking a Senior Strategy Manager to join our Tokyo-based Amazon Studios group. The Strategy group is responsible for guiding Prime Video's Local Originals selection plans, including management of the greenlight process. The Strategy group works closely with senior leaders across Amazon Studios and Prime Video, including Creative Development, Content Acquisition, Finance, Business Affairs, Legal, Marketing and Production, and has a high degree of visibility within the organization.
We are looking for a strategic, creative, and analytical Senior Strategy Manager who can drive Local Original content strategy in Asia Pacific for Amazon Studios in order to increase global customer acquisition and engagement for Prime Video. You will work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment and be responsible for key aspects of the business. Using your previous experience driving/developing complex data-driven projects, you will have the opportunity to deliver results in a dynamic way, improving quality for both our customers and your team.
• Formulate series greenlight and renewal assessments, including content valuation and portfolio analysis
• Balance global scale/practice with local Customer Obsession in content and strategic planning processes
• Work with local Creative, Marketing and Business teams in each territory to drive holistic content strategies
• Support capacity (e.g., budget, production facilities) and headcount planning, and other areas to drive scale for the Local Originals organization
• Help identify deep, actionable insights into the content preferences, behavior and needs of our global customers on a recurring basis
• Perform extensive competitive analysis and benchmarking, and identify and report on market trends
• Forecast and monitor content performance, track progress, and understand sources of variance
• Implement standardized processes across territories to drive scale and efficiency
• Author business-driving documents that surface key learnings and provide recommendations for our go-forward content offering
• Liaise with Local Original cross-functional stakeholder teams such as Content Acquisition, Business Affairs, Legal, Production, Post, Localization, Marketing, PR, Finance, Accounting, Research, etc. to identify new initiatives and drive them through execution
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business, finance, marketing, film/television, or related fields
• 5+ years' experience in a highly analytical environment (e.g. management consulting, corporate analytics, strategy and operations, or other roles requiring a blend of analytical, strategic, and cross-functional work)
• Excellent quantitative skills and experience with modeling and data analyses.
• Fluent in English and Japanese (both in writing and speaking)
Further qualifications would be a plus:
• Ability to evaluate complex content and/or business opportunities
• Deep knowledge of the TV and digital video landscape
• Experience using complex modeling and analysis to inform key business decisions. Highly proficient in excel.
• Nice to have, but not essential: Expertise in data mining, data management, reporting, and SQL queries
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• End-to-end ownership of major project deliverables
• Experienced business judgment and demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top