Sr. Strategic Procurement Manager
- Shanghai, China
Ring is looking for smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative candidates to join our operations team in Taipei.
• Own ODM relationship and manage business escalations
• Lead ODM/CM selection, contract negotiation and product E2E cost management
• Provide overall management and support for all business negotiations covering cost, supply, and all vendor funding agreements
• Collaborate with Product team, Supplier Quality and Engineering team to develop a supplier sourcing strategy that aligns technology, business requirements and roadmap with supplier capabilities
• Deliver affordability analysis and Financial modeling on checkpoints before RFP/RFQ to ensure product specification and gross margin match the expectation
• Manage cost (BOM cost, MVA and NRE) from RFQ throughout product EOL as well as RMA repair
• Identifies and implements opportunities for cost savings optimization
• Establish monthly cost review process
• Interface with cross-functional teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements
• Conduct initial ground-up estimation/projection and Design-for-Cost process
• Establish the regular process for potential ODM assessments
• Conduct regular business review with suppliers to ensure continuous improvement on scorecard performance
• Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development, cost and quality improvements
• Challenges supply chain norms to generate out of the box opportunities for cost savings and supply chain optimization and implements as appropriate
• Performs and communicates supply chain cost forecasting or revenue opportunities based on trend analysis and market conditions
• Develops and maintains relationships with executives and senior executives at suppliers
• Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology
• Drive quarterly supplier business reviews that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives
• Mentor junior team members
Years of experiences: At least 13 years of experiences
Required experiences: ODM/OEM management with Branding company experience (and ODM experience is a plus)
• 10+ years of experience managing ODM/OEM vendors working for global enterprise consumer electronics brands
• In depth knowledge on factory operations and manufacturing process
• Strong communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities.
• Ability to develop efficient work processes for complex projects involving many groups, across multiple geographies and effectively coordinate, implement, and maintain those processes.
• Demonstrated experience interacting with cross-functional teams (internally & externally) with the ability for effective communication
• 13+ years of Procurement experience in high-tech manufacturing and consumer electronics
• Experience in managing international relationships and remote organizations
• Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
• Experience leading strategy development in supply chain management and optimization
• A team player with leadership skill and influencing skill
• Fluent in English and Mandarin and strong presentation and negotiation skills
1. Ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and the associated measurement systems.
2. leadership and people management experience
3. Project management experience
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Back to top