Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing and scalable cloud storage services to meet customer needs including: elastic file systems (Amazon EFS), object storage (Amazon S3), low-latency block storage (Amazon EBS), extremely low-cost archival storage (Amazon Glacier), fully managed file systems (Amazon FSx), and an on-premises virtual appliance that enables customers to integrate their IT infrastructure with AWS Storage (AWS Storage Gateway).
We are looking for an experienced Storage Solutions Architect to support the validation and development of technical content showcasing Healthcare and Life Scinece (HC/LS) workloads utilizing the AWS Storage services. You will be the trusted advisor and guide our customers on data storage best practices in the HC/LS industry and to help shape the future growth of our storage services for the HC/LS. As a HC/LS and storage Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will be an authority on architectures that leverage AWS services to increase availability and drive down costs for our HC/LS customers. You will analyze customer workloads against various storage technologies to help document the best storage service for the job based on the characteristics of that workload. You will catalog your results and provide guidance to the appropriate service teams on how to tune the features and performance of the storage services. You will develop mechanisms to establish new business in target market segments and enable the global field organization to drive the day-to-day interactions that identify prospects for long-term business opportunities. You will work very closely with the global Sales, Partner, Product Management and Professional Services teams to identify and prioritize areas of focus and opportunity, as well as drive adoption and market penetration within global markets.
In this role, you will partner closely with the Storage Business Development and Sales teams to enable large-scale customer use cases and to help drive the adoption of AWS storage services in the HC/LS industry. Thought leadership plays an important part in this role as you look for new ways to maximize value for our customers by establishing best practices and proposing enhancements and features for our storage services. As our portfolio of storage services continues to grow, you will leverage your passion for learning to come up to speed quickly. As an SME, you will be called upon frequently to present to customers and other AWS teams. To help our field teams understand how to integrate AWS storage options into customer HC/LS architectures, you will also create field enablement materials for the broader SA population.
Candidates should be a technical domain expert, with experience in storage technologies as well as having in-depth knowledge of solutions in the cloud. Experience working directly with customers is required. Previous experience with AWS is desired but not required. You will get the opportunity to work directly with senior engineers at both customers and AWS service teams.
The ideal candidate is as comfortable white boarding complex software architectures with a roomful of engineers as they are briefing an executive audience. You will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of AWS customers, from well-established tech giants to innovative startups that were born in the cloud. You will also have the opportunity to write whitepapers, deliver technical webinars, speak at events, and file patents for what could potentially be a future AWS product or feature.
The ideal candidate will also possess a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and other architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must. You must have a track record of working with emerging technologies and creating scale-able architectures based on validation evidence.
This role will require travel up to 25%.
• 7+ years architecture/pre-sales experience with storage solutions
• 7+ years working with and supporting HC/LS workloads and applications
• 5+ years experience with advanced storage technologies such as replication, high availability, archiving, backup & restore, and/or disaster recovery/business continuity
• 3+ years experience with Linux command-line tools and system configuration
• Experience building validated architectures against Storage systems
• Experience working with Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations
• Understanding of cloud based solutions and AWS Storage Services such as S3, Glacier, Elastic File System (EFS), AWS Storage Gateway (SGW), and Snowball. Use of AWS in production a plus.
• Understands the role that networking plays in complex storage architectures
• Technical enablement experience through content creation and speaking engagements
• Scripting experience (Powershell, Python, bash, etc.)
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
• Comfortable speaking to large audiences
• Bachelors or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
• Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Seattle.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.