Sr. Specialist Consultant - Database
- Beijing, China
Are you a Database Specialist? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale database challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new database technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners that use cloud computing web services to run new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using Cloud computing technologies?
At AWS Enterprise Support we are looking for a Specialist Technical Account Manager (STAM) to support our customers across APJC. You would be one of the founding members of a dynamic team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility challenges facing many organizations
The Specialist TAM will work hand-in-hand with Technical Account Managers, Solutions Architecture, Business Development, Professional Services and Sales. You will collaborate with our customers and partners on achieving operational excellence, post migrating their Database Solutions to the cloud. This role will specifically focus on AWS Database Services such as Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora and Amazon Database Migration Services.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /
• The candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be a "trusted advisor" to customers. He or she will be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT pros, and system architects. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5 or more years of Relational Database implementation, operations and/or technical sales experience. Very strong Oracle and/or SQL Server experience.
• In depth experience with Database, administration, performance tuning and troubleshooting on one or more of following: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle. Experience setting up and monitoring / alarming for production Database environments
• Exposure to security concepts / best practices
• Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
• Implementation and tuning experience of Databases including knowledge of Schema Design, Query Tuning and Optimization, and Data Migration and Integration. Experience of requirements for the analytics presentation layer including Dashboards, Reporting, and OLAP.
• Experience in database migrations e.g. Oracle to OpenSource or Cloud-based database.
• Strong understanding of database licensing schemes. Ability to develop TCO models and assess business impacts, ROI etc highly desirable.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
• A talent for being able to influence and build mindshare convincingly with any audience. Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences.
• Experience with "NoSQL Database" such as Mongo-DB, Cassandra etc
• Experience managing full application stacks from the Operating System up through Front End applications. Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Database and/or Data Warehousing.
• Hands on experience as a database, data warehouse or big data developer. Scripting / Programming experience in database related fields
• Hands on experience leading large-scale database projects.
• Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps is highly desired.
• Executive speaking and presentation skills Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups. AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional highly desirable.
• Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or math highly desired.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top