Sr. Specialist Consultant - Cloud Operations
- Melbourne, Australia
Are you passionate about operational excellence, including cost optimisation? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale challenges in the world today? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners that use cloud computing services to run their solutions reliably, securely, efficiently and at lower cost?
At AWS Enterprise Support we are looking for a Senior Specialist Technical Account Manager (STAM) to provide unique deep-dive technical engagements for our Enterprise customers across ANZ and ASEAN. You will be a member of a dynamic team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies, focussed on the difficult cost and agility challenges facing many organisations.
You will provide strategic people, process and technology guidance to proactively improve performance, reliability, security and cost-effectiveness of customers' solutions using AWS best practices. This role will focus on providing customers with AWS Cloud Operations best practices for Cost Optimisation, Monitoring and Logging, Incident Management, Disaster Recover, Continuous Improvement and other DevSecOps topics.
• 6+ years of technical engineering experience
• Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience as a technical lead
• Software development experience in automation, tools and dashboards. Experience in a high-level programing language such as Python, Golang or Java
• Internal enterprise experience working with a wide range of internal stakeholders on operations implementation or migration with a company-wide impact.
• Ability to understand complex application data flows and bridge the gap between technical and business app requirements.
• Track record of implementing the cloud best practices (provisioning, deployment, monitoring using AGILE / Devops methodologies and tools) for enterprise companies or large internet scale startups.
• Understanding of cloud operations, hybrid cloud environments and cloud migration projects at scale, particularly from an operational effectiveness and reliability perspective
• 10+ years of technical engineering experience
• Experience in operational parameters and troubleshooting for four (4) or more of the following: Compute / Storage / Networking / CDN / Databases / DevOps / Big Data and Analytics / Security / Applications Development in a distributed systems environment
• Professional oral and written communication skills, presenting to an audience containing one or more decision maker(s)
• Experience with AWS services and/or other cloud offerings
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected.
Back to top