Sr. Solutions Architecture Leader, Compute - US-Central
- Austin, TX
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a place where invention, thinking big, and redefining the definition of what is possible are woven into the company culture. We are proud to be the place where cloud computing first came to life, proud of being widely recognized as the industry leader, and excited about what's possible in the years to come. We're looking for people who share that same excitement. Come join us and become part of our diverse team of leaders who make cloud computing attainable for anyone, anywhere, be they hobbyists, startups, not-for-profits, or large multi-national organizations.
We are looking for experienced and motivated customer-facing leaders to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects (SAs), with an emphasis on the AWS Compute portfolio of services. You will help develop the industry's best cloud-focused SAs by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of varying size and complexity for our specialized services. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help customers understand best practices around cloud compute solutions, and how to run their workloads in a scalable yet cost-effective manner on AWS. You will also represent the customers' voice inside of AWS, working closely with our engineering teams to help make new capabilities possible for our customer base. You and your team will be pattern-matchers, finding signals across the customer solutions that you help make possible, to inform our next generation of service offerings.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer- and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technologies in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new solutions. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed, are important aspects of the role. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as product/service teams, field solutions architecture, sales, marketing, business development, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management. You should be passionate about helping companies/partners understand best practices for operating on AWS.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
• In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work enjoyable. • You'll embrace creativity and view new challenges as learning opportunities.Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud compute experts for a diverse and challenging set of Enterprise customers.
• Have a deep foundation of solutions innovation on behalf of customers through successful past experience.
• Have a strong understanding of emerging technology solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of Solutions Architects. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so that you may make strong individual contributions as you also lead.
Roles and Responsibilities
• In partnership with the specialist sales teams, formulate and execute a go-to-market strategy to exceed revenue objectives for US Central.
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects.
• Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS.
• Step into a Solutions Architect role when required to support our customer base
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge across SA team members.
• Build and maintain scaling mechanisms to support the dissemination of specialist SA knowledge to the broader AWS community.
• Guide and motivate the development of white-papers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices.
• Help build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be "cloud advocates."
Chicago is preferred - will consider candidates in other major metro areas in the US-Central region near AWS offices.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years of technical design/implementation/consulting experience working with compute, IaaS architecture, cloud computing and/or related fields.
• 5+ years of leadership experience in a technical, customer-facing role in the technology industry.
• Commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture where all Amazonians and customers are able to participate fully, and enjoy respect and dignity
• MBA/Technical Master's Degree
• An ability to spot patterns in seemingly unrelated problem spaces, and abstract them to find common solutions
• 3+ years design/implementation/deployment experience of cloud compute solutions
• Graduate degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
• Experience architecting, operating cloud-based solutions
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customers to the cloud
• Experience with various compute/CPU architectures
• Ability to earn trust, build alliances, and orchestrate cross-functional teams
• Excellent presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top