Amazon Web Services () is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Computing. Our web services provide IT infrastructure in-the- that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in industries such as financial services, pharmaceuticals, and high technology.
Amazon Web Services () is looking for an experienced Storage Solutions Architect to guide our customers on data storage best practices and to help shape the future growth of our storage services. As a storage Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will be an authority on architectures that leverage services to increase availability and drive down costs for our customers.
The ideal candidate is as comfortable white boarding complex software architectures with a roomful of engineers as they are briefing an executive audience. You will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of customers, from well-established tech giants to innovative startups that were born in the . You will also have the opportunity to write whitepapers, deliver technical webinars, speak at events, and file patents for what could potentially be a future product or feature.
Candidates should be a technical domain expert, with experience in storage technologies as well as having in-depth knowledge of solutions in the . Experience working directly with customers is required. Previous experience with is desired but not required. You will get the opportunity to work directly with senior engineers at both customers and service teams.
In this role, you will partner closely with the Storage Business Development and Sales teams to enable large-scale customer use cases and to help drive the adoption of storage services. Thought leadership plays an important part in this role as you look for new ways to maximize value for our customers by establishing best practices and proposing enhancements and features for our storage services. As our portfolio of storage services continues to grow, you will leverage your passion for learning to come up to speed quickly. As an SME, you will be called upon frequently to present to customers and other teams. To help our field teams understand how to integrate storage options into customer architectures, you will also create field enablement materials for the broader SA population.
This role will require travel up ranging from 25% to 50%.
• 7+ years architecture/pre-sales experience with storage solutions
• 5+ years experience with advanced storage technologies such as replication, high availability, archiving, backup & restore, and disaster recovery/business continuity
• 3+ years experience with Linux command-line tools and system configuration
Professional experience architecting and operating enterprise IT storage architectures and how they integrate into large-scale production applications
• Professional experience architecting and operating solutions
• Understanding of Storage Services such as S3, Glacier, Elastic File System (EFS), Storage Gateway (SGW), and Snowball. Use of in production a plus.
• Understands the role that networking plays in complex storage architectures
• Technical enablement experience through content creation and speaking engagements
• Scripting experience (Powershell, Python, bash, etc.)
• Bachelors or equivalent work experience
• Comfortable speaking to large audiences