Sr. Solutions Architect, Smart Home
- Tokyo, Japan
Amazon - a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. We want associates, who will help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from web site, to e-commerce partner, to development platform, is driven by the spirit of invention that's part of our DNA. We do this daily by solving complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history, and the good news is that we've only just begun. Every day is Day-One at Amazon!
We are seeking a Sr. Solutions Architect to join the Alexa Smart Home skills team. Run with the spirit and energy of a start-up, this group is focused on working with some of the top-tier companies & developers in the SH domain to help develop incredible experiences that will wow customers using the Alexa platform on a variety Amazon products. In this role, you will wear many hats, including technical advisor, software developer and evangelist. You must possess a unique combination of deep technical skills and business acumen as well as a do-whatever-it-takes attitude to ensure our partners are able to take full advantage of Alexa's skills and are delivering a delightful end user experience.
Ideally, you're someone who can write code with the best of them, but also wants to help guide the broader industry towards a technology you believe in. You have immediate credibility with technologists and developers at all levels, from students to CIOs. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don't just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, we'd like to speak with you.
• Engage with partners' developers, architects and project managers to facilitate the creation of industry leading voice experiences thru Alexa Skills.
• Provides technical consultation to strategic development partners
• Actively identify opportunities to deliver experiences that demonstrate what is possible on Amazon devices and services
• Developing unique, compelling and exciting presentations and demonstrations of new Amazon technologies
• Delivering persuasive, passionate, high impact, high quality presentations to senior decision makers
• Document best practices and create development resources that can be used by other developers
• 8+ years of IoT, mobile and/or SaaS experience in technical role.
• 8+ years of experience in the design, coding and implementation of complex IT systems
• A technical undergraduate degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at the C level
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
• Proven ability to build and maintain executive level relationships.
• Hands on development experience or full understanding of mobile App development pipeline and process
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top