Sr Solutions Architect- Financial Services Global Accounts (Atlanta)
- Palo Alto, CA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. As a Solutions Architect, you will partner some of the world's largest financial services companies, AWS Sales and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services.
In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a small set of global financial services customers. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
• Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Enjoy working with large, global customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
• Have a strong understanding of large-scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems engineer/architect. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
• As a key member of the sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
• In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
• Solutions Architects own the overall technical relationship between customers and AWS and make recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency.
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
• 7+ years experience in Application/Infrastructure architecture, Software Development, DevOps, software engineering
• 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with Enterprise applications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study or 10+ years of related work experience
• 7+ years software/technology customer facing experience
• Financial Services experience
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Strong written communication skills
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• History of successful technical sales consulting and architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top