Sr Solutions Architect
Do you want to gain hands on experience in the latest cloud services? Does applying that knowledge to some of the most interesting computing workloads in the world interest you? Do you work equally well with executives and technologists?
The AWS Reliability team is looking for a Senior Solutions Architect to help us scale and refine some of the largest distributed systems in the world. The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge of infrastructure, security, DevOps, databases, application development, and analytics.
You will bring strong problem-solving skills, program/project management skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to influence business and technical leaders in a dynamic environment. In this role, you will become an expert in AWS architecture, design, and operations, interact directly with industry leaders, and be a visible contributor to our operational culture.
You will apply your expertise in building reliable distributed systems to a program that ensures AWS service owners and cross-functional operations and development teams understand how their systems conform to best practices and identify, prioritize, and mitigate operational risks.
- Maintain a broad technical knowledge of the AWS cloud platform
- Interact with leaders and engineers across Amazon to support the effective and efficient delivery of a program that ensures AWS launches reliable services
- Identify, assess, track, and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Create, maintain and disseminate best practices content and training
- Gain consensus on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are employed to deliver high quality results
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs against technical constraints
- Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
Minimum five years design/implementation/consulting experience building distributed applications
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Comfortable running large, visible meetings
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field
Strong analytical skills and proven experience developing and using tools to analyze large data sets to drive decisions
Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Experience with cross geographical project coordination and management
Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals
Proven problem solving skills
Can script your way out of a corner if needed
Basic familiarity with AWS services
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top