Do you want to shape the future of hybrid and cloud-based data protection and business continuance solutions? Are you passionate about building next generation solutions in these areas? Do you want to lead, grow, and be part of a team that is building a service used by tens of thousands of customers and growing quickly? If you said yes to any or all of those, come join the AWS Backup service team and help us revolutionize the world of hybrid and cloud-based data protection!
AWS Backup is newly launched service that provides a fully managed backup solution that makes it easy to centralize and automate backing up application data across AWS services. Embark on a journey with us to build and grow a backup management service that can scale without limits. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take the service to new heights. This is your opportunity to shape the future of AWS Backup and transform the way the world thinks about data protection at massive scale.
As a Solutions Architect with AWS Backup, you will build technical relationships with customers of all sizes and operate as their trusted advisor, ensuring they get the most out of the cloud at every stage of their journey. In this role you will be responsible for thinking big, setting direction and priorities, driving definitions, delivering results, growing customer adoption, and ensuring we exceed all customer expectations.
You will manage the overall technical relationship between AWS Backup and our customers, making recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency to accelerate their challenging, mission-critical projects. Internally, you will be the voice of the customer, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of AWS Backup features.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases. You will take a participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) and evangelize and educate about AWS Backup (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
This position within the AWS Backup team represents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product, and business.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our Backup team members truly enjoy mentoring and on-boarding new members through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, doc reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded Solutions Architect leader and enable them to take on more complex features and services in the future.
Our team is focused on balancing life with work, and does this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. Most days, our entire team is co-located in our Seattle, Boston and Vancouver offices, but we're flexible when people need to work from home.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
• Technical Degree (Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
• A passion for technology and for learning
• Open to domestic and international travel up to 30%
• Experience with data protection products
• Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud
• Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
• In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, enterprise workloads (SAP, VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
• Experience working in a customer-facing role or a role which involved public speaking
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.