Sr Solutions Architect, Alexa Hackathons
Are you interested in traveling to work hands on with developers around the US? Around the world? Are you passionate about the intersection of a Voice Driven User Experience, cloud computing, and the Internet-of-Things (IoT)?
The Alexa team is looking for a Solutions Architect that's self-directed and deeply technical community leader to run hack-a-thons and workshops for the Alexa platform. This role will be on the forefront of a new ecosystem - in an area that represents an evolution in how people interact with services and devices. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for new products and the Internet of Things, enthusiasm for our mission to build voice-first experiences, connections into the IoT developer community, experience facilitating developer group events, and a talent for creating innovative technical solutions.
At Amazon, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted advisor to our customers and will work directly with developers and the Alexa platform teams.
- Travel frequently to work with developers directly
- Help developer customers experiment with Alexa and voice powered user experiences.
- Work with customers to help them publish the Alexa skills they begin during hack-a-thons and workshops.
- Develop technical content, such as white papers and code template, that can be used by our customers to assist them in deploying Alexa Skills
- Assess Alex and IoT related knowledge across AWS sales and solutions architecture teams and develop plans to address gaps
- Represent Alexa at trade events by delivering presentations, hack-a-thons and workshops
- Five or more years of experience in the design and implementation of complex IoT applications or services
- Understanding of RESTful architectures and data design patterns
- An understanding of the cloud computing model as it relates to IoT
- A technical undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline
- Experience with IoT devices and protocols
- Event-based applications using publish/subscribe style of communication to signal events/situations and receive notifications
- An advanced degree in computer science, ML/AI, engineering or related discipline
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
- Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top