Sr. Solutions Architect - Alexa 3P Devices
- Seattle, WA
External job description
Do you have a passion for being on the forefront of new technologies and enjoy thinking about the future of Voice Assistant applications? The Alexa team is seeking a Solutions Architect to help mold the future of how customers use voice everywhere. This role will be on the forefront of a new technology - in an area that represents an evolution in how people interact with services and devices. In this role, you will wear many hats including technical adviser, technical account lead and development support. As you will be the "technical face of Amazon" for key strategic partnerships, you will utilize a unique combination of creativity, deep technical skills and business acumen as well as a do-what-it-takes attitude to ensure our partners are able to take full advantage of Alexa's capabilities to deliver delightful end user experiences.
Ideally, you're someone who can write code with the best of them, but also want to help guide the broader industry towards building incredible voice experiences that will wow customers. You have immediate credibility with technologists and developers at all levels, from students to CTOs. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You will also be able to think strategically about product and technical challenges. You don't just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, we'd like to speak with you.
• Engage with partners' developers, architects, designers, hardware engineers, project managers, and management teams
• Provide technical training and consultation to strategical development partners.
• Manage complex projects end-to-end with significant bottom-line impact.
• Root cause partner issues and provide resolution to unblock development or improve Alexa experience.
• Develop unique, compelling and exciting presentations and demonstrations of new Amazon technologies.
• Deliver persuasive, passionate, high impact, high quality presentations to senior decision makers.
• Actively identify opportunities to deliver experiences that demonstrate what is possible with Alexa.
• Create thought leadership and world class knowledge capital, such as white-papers, blogs, code samples and development resources that can be used by other developers
• Advocate internally for developer features and functionality that will help facilitate a world class Alexa skills ecosystem
• Create actionable steps to achievement of big, ambiguous ideas
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related technical discipline.
• 8+ years of experience in the design and development of complex embedded systems or mobile solutions.
• 5+ years experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer, solutions architect or field applications engineer
• Experience with two or more programming languages (e.g. C, C++, Java, Python).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to work in a diverse team.
• Proven ability to build and maintain executive level relationships.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at the C level
• Strong ownership and bias for action; ability to internalize goals and create appropriate action plans for those goals
• Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
• Hands on development experience or full understanding of mobile App development pipeline and process
• Meticulous attention to detail; ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar
• Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to root-cause problems and develop actionable and appropriate plans quickly
• Knowledge and experience with designing and developing solutions with Alexa or other voice assistants
Back to top