Amazon's eCommerce Foundation (eCF) organization is responsible for the core components that drive the Amazon website and customer experience. The eCF systems and services enable millions of customer page views and orders per day for Amazon.com.
The Business Data Technologies (BDT) group within eCF is at the center of Amazon's data-driven culture with the responsibility for managing the largest business analytics platform as well as providing data and data curation capabilities to thousands of internal and external customers worldwide. BDT provides enterprise solutions that focus on compliance, security, integrity, and cost efficiency of operating and managing Amazon's core data. BDT is developing innovative products including the next-generation of data, data discovery engine, data transformation services, and more with state-of-the-art user experience.
We're looking for a Sr. Solutions Architect (SA) to join a team that helps BDT users bring their use cases to the Amazon Data Lake "Andes", thereby bringing more of Amazon's data under the governance needed to preserve customer trust. We are seeking a talented industry SA professional who is passionate about working on high quality products, training and guiding Amazon internal teams in large scale data processing. You must possess a strong background in owning engagements and the ability to communicate and influence a range of stakeholders including senior management, business partners, software engineering, and customers. You must have a solid and proven track record of driving architecture designs and prototyping that delivers high business value for customers.
This position may be located in Seattle WA, Detroit MI, Sunnyvale CA or Vancouver Canada. Relocation available.
• Experience as a generalist Solution Architect.
• Experience in building and growing cross-site SA teams, including setting strategy and vision, defining goals, and growing and mentoring IC SAs.
• Experience with databases, and the Hadoop ecosystem.
• Experience with tools such as Spark, Kafka, Hive.
• Familiarity with SQL-on-Hadoop technologies such as Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, and/or Presto.
• 5 or more years of IT platform implementation experience.
• Experience in a consultative technical role
• BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred.
• Hands on experience leading large-scale global big data / analytics projects.
• Experience designing and implementing AWS solutions in business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
• AWS Certification(s) (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Professional, AWS Certified Big Data - Specialty desirable)
• Experience designing and implementing AWS big data and analytics solutions in enterprise business environments.
• Ability to gain credibility and build relationships with all levels in an organization, from technical experts to senior executives.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
• Track record of thought leadership and innovation around Big Data.
• Solid understanding of Cloud Computing Technologies and related emerging technology.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, and ability to communicate effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.