Sr. Solutions Architect
- Irvine, CA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Solutions Architect in Orange County who is passionate about helping enterprise customers build infrastructures and applications at scale. As a solutions architect, you will work directly with customers to enable innovation through continuous deployment across technology stacks and demonstrate best practices around advanced cloud solutions. You will engage with and influence engineering teams requiring AWS expertise and in so doing, will make a significant impact on Amazon's many businesses. The AWS Solutions Architecture team is moving some of the largest scale and compelling workloads to AWS.
As an experienced technologist and key member of the Account team, you will partner with Sales, Professional Services, and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of our services. Our solutions architects build architectures and provide prescriptive guidance across networking, storage, operating systems, virtualization, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, Hadoop, DevOps, and mid-tier technologies (application integration, security, in-memory caches).
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS
• Participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Author and contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and proof of concepts
• In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• 5+ years of design, implementation, and/or consulting experience with distributed applications and Cloud infrastructure
• 3+ years of architecture experience in infrastructure, databases, or application development
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background desired
• 1+ years relevant experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales or technical consulting
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud and/or operating solutions built on AWS
• Expertise in DevOps, Big Data, Machine Learning, or Serverless Computing
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
The pay range for a position in Colorado starts at $122,300 /yr, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top