Sr. Solutions Architect
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Care is looking for a Sr. Solutions Architect to join our team. We are a passionate team working to build a best in class healthcare product designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access. We are a customer-obsessed, operating in an innovative environment, piloting Amazon Care for Amazon employees and their families in Washington State. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining a focus on delivering results.
As a Sr. Solutions Architect on the engineering team, you will partner with the rest of the team to deliver new solutions that help Amazon Care improve our products. You will own mission-critical work where you will define the end-to-end technology strategy. You will then turn your design into reality, integrating secure and maintainable solutions. You will be an important leader, who will take time to understand the customer's business context and influence their longer-term strategy. You will be pragmatic in your approach, advising our team on short- and long-term implications of tradeoffs. You will utilize your skills and experience to turn constraints into opportunities to simplify and innovate.
You will have the opportunity to look around corners, drive effective feedback gathering from customers, and translate that feedback into clear business and technical requirements for product and engineering teams to review. You will participate in the organizations strategic planning, helping us identify gaps and opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• As a key member of the Amazon Care engineering team, translate needs into requirements and pragmatic technical designs.
• Evaluate, build, and refine software that integrates Amazon Care systems
• Design data flows through the technology stack that automate communication with customers
• Apply security best practices to ensure protection of customer data
• In addition to hands-on work, you will work closely with Software Development Engineers to implement your designs.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and business teams
• Improve the performance of existing solutions
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
• 3+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
• Working knowledge of software development tools, methodologies and design/implementation of distributed applications
• Experience presenting to both large and small audiences (Executives, IT Management, and developers)
• Experience communicating across internal organizations
• Technical degree required
• Knowledge of modern marketing applications and tools
• Knowledge of security best practices for cloud development
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries.
• A passion for healthcare and healthcare technology
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top