Sr. Solution Architect, AWS AI Devices
- Herndon, VA
Do you want to get aspiring developers excited about artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) through a global, autonomous racing league? Do you have ideas for how AWS can make learning AI/ML accessible to all? Amazon Web Services (AWS) AI Devices team is looking for a Sr. Solutions Architect who is passionate about helping system integrator, enterprise and education customers accelerate the number and quality of AI/ML practitioners in the global workforce. As our Sr. Solutions Architect, you will work directly with some of AWS' largest customers to enable education, adoption and integration of DeepRacer, DeepLens, & DeepComposer into their training programs and new product initiatives.
We are looking for an individual to challenge the status quo and innovate on behalf of our customers. You will partner with Engineering, Business Development, Marketing, Sales, and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable programs and hybrid edge-cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of DeepRacer. You must be an experienced technologist with technical breadth and depth coupled with strong interpersonal skills. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, create technical definition around customer objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies, motivate & mobilize resources, and deliver results. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect.
Roles & responsibilities
• In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute strategy to exceed active user and revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS AI Devices.
• Be an AI Devices evangelist. Present sessions at AWS and industry conferences. Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS DeepRacer, DeepLens, & DeepComposer. Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and proof of concepts.
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be DeepRacer, DeepLens, & DeepComposer advocates.
• Lead deep architectural discussions and design exercises with partners to create world-class solutions built on AWS while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment.
• Design architectures and provide customers prescriptive guidance across networking, AI/ML workloads, storage, operating systems, virtualization, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, Hadoop, and mid-tier technologies (application integration, security, in-memory caches).
• Share customer feedback to internal product management, engineering & support teams to help drive the future of AWS.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community.
• Role requires approximately 25% travel once COVID-19 related risks and restrictions subside.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 5+ years design, implementation and/or consulting experience with distributed applications
• 3+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
• 2+ years relevant experience in technology/software sales or pre-sales consulting
• BA/BS technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background desired; Advanced Degree a plus
• Working knowledge of AI/ML workloads, hardware engineering, software development tools and methodologies
• Proven record of effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations; interactions with partner and customers; experience working with end user or developer communities
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must; past experience writing and publishing technical whitepapers desirable.
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS and/or AWS Certification(s)
• Fluency in English is essential, proficiency in other European or East Asian languages highly beneficial
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Back to top