Sr Solution Architect
- Cambridge, MA
Amazon Payments Services build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We process millions of transactions every day worldwide across various payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send hundreds of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems annually. Amazon businesses are expanding rapidly in various areas resulting in a big jump in Payments Services processing their payments. As our payment processing volume has increased, these businesses ask for increased support for their payments experience solutions and operational challenges.
We are looking for a dynamic Solution Architect to engage with Amazon businesses. As a trusted advisor, you will have a direct impact in helping Amazon businesses gain the most value from Payments Services offerings. You will craft and execute strategies to drive Amazon businesses adopt and use a range of Payments Services capabilities worldwide including new payment methods, payment processors, new capabilities like Multi-Factor Authentication/Stand-in Processing or mandatory/regulatory requirements in various countries.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
• Persuasively represent Payments Services across Amazon business leadership.
• Foster strong relationships with Amazon businesses, including assessing requirements and underlying feature requests to recommend technical and business approaches.
• Manage long-term strategic interests as well as the tactical and day-to-day for Payments Services and Amazon businesses.
• Coordinate closely with Product, Software Development and Technical Program Management teams to ensure continuity of the technical needs of Amazon businesses.
• Drive customer experience and engagement technical improvements across Amazon businesses.
• Possess exceptional customer focus and a bias for action; you must work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust while communicating a bold direction that inspires results.
• Exhibit a passion for operational excellence by solving customer issues while recommending approaches to optimize/reduce business impact.
• Develop a passion for educating, training and enabling Amazon businesses on Payments Services offerings and capabilities.
• Successful candidates will have experience working with clients, demonstrate excellent relationship management and technical ability to communicate requirements and influence decisions.
• 8+ years of experience in a similar role as a Consultant, Solutions Architect etc.
• Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience with the ability to clearly articulate to small and large audiences.
• Experience communicating (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units including executive level.
• Able to communicate on technical level with developers.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to negotiate and assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and resolve blocking issues.
• Understand operational parameters and troubleshooting for a combination of the following: Compute, Storage, Networking, CDN, Databases, DevOps, Big Data and Analytics, Security, Applications Development
• Identify areas of potential customer dissatisfaction with policy/process on Amazon Payments integration materials and work with relevant team(s) to improve the customer experience.
• Maintain communication with management regarding project status, metrics, and risks.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
• Customer obsessed.
• Payments Industry experience.
• Programming or scripting skills with a combination of Java, Python Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP
• Previous experience as a Software Engineer, Developer, DevOps Engineer etc.
• Track record of managing and troubleshooting technical and integration projects.
Back to top